I was going to go to the store and get some ingredients, but I didn't want to go to work and I didn't feel like bussing to seward or lunds or kawolskis and I didn't want to get produce at a corner store near my apartment.
I decided to make something from what I had...

1. really really small red kuri squash (I think...)
2. what seems to be a small golden acorn squash
3. large yellow onion
4. olive oil
5. mystery spicy spice
6. mystery flavor spice
7. can of coconut milk
8. small jar/can of tomato paste
9. can of garbanzo beans
10. water
11. parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast)
12. whole grain milling tortilla chips
- saute diced onion in olive oil until becoming translucent
- add about a cup and a half water
- add cubed squash (skin on)
- add mystery seasonings, stir and add til it smells awesome
- put lid on pot with mixture at a low simmer, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes (until squash is done and the skins cut as smoothly as the flesh)
- add the can of coconut milk, stir stir stir, taste, add more seasoning if needed
- turn up heat
- add tomato paste, stir stir stir
- add garbanzo beans, stir stir stir
- put lid back on, turn off heat source and let stand 15 minutes
I know it is pretty similar to the regular slops I make, but they are usually planned out. I felt like this was different because I had to deal with what I had on hand. So limited ingredients. I kind of wanted to make this differently than the direction it went... but I didn't have any peanut butter, raw peanuts or frozen tofu. That pushed me to make it significantly different from my regular squash slop and I think I did that. I'm really glad it turned out and that I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment