Here is my drawing about pain for the day. I went to the dentist to get 2 fillings on my 3rd tooth. I ended up also getting a temporary filling on my 2nd tooth (the root canal one).I usually need more local anesthetic than they tend to use. I know that the skill of the dentist/accuracy of the shot plays a huge role in how well it works. I try to hope for the best and imagine being pain free. I did not get enough today. Everything was fine until pain rays shot up through my skull. Left hand raised. It was such a sharp awful pain, like getting elbowed in the eye. I didn't even have time to register the pain before tears were streaming out of my eyes. I hate that feeling of tears dripping into my ears. I felt really bad. I was fear stricken. The dentist got really concerned and asked if I had bad past dental experiences. I don't, that I can think of. It's just the pain wasn't a 'pressure' like he said I might feel. It was shooting pain rays. arghhhhh.
No comments:
Post a Comment