I am making soup. It smells nice. I think it will be delicious cold. I hope so. With a dallop of yogurt and some tortilla chips! Maybe sprouts too. Sounds tasty. 

*IMPORTANT*  I wrote fennel seeds... that is a LIE. It is cumin. CUMIN! I do not like fennel. It might be good with fennel, if you like that sort of thing.

Update: The lentils are good warm or cold. Good with melted cheese on top. Good with Sriracha or a vinegar based sauce like Crystal.  Good with greek yogurt, good with Whole Grain Milling chips. I did not add vinegar to the recipe (except in the first soaking cycle of the lentils...), it seemed to have a less offensive smell when opening the container in the breakroom.

It is not so much a soup as it is a slop. I prefer a slop.

---------------


This week I experimented with nylon stocking 'silk screening'. I haven't made a stencil like this in ages. It turned out alright. I used modpodge instead of wood glue (what I have used in the past) for masking the nylon. I ended up having to paint the edges to make them crisp. Now they are each unique!

  

This is a can cozy. I will have 10 of them for sale at the Caffetto Craft Fair. I will also have small pockets and bags for sale., little books/zines, hair bows, glow in the dark teeth, etc...

Stop by if you can. There will be loads of neat things to look at and buy, great music, food and coffee, and fun!

No comments: