home on halloween weekend.

I have had plans the last few nights. I have plans for the next two. Tonight was my ME night of staying in. I did 2 loads of laundry and made some awesome stew/soup stuff. When I was taking laundry out of my apartment My neighbor and his friends were leaving. I was in my staying in clothes... blue hoodie, jeans, weird slippers, hair in a messy bun on top of my head. They were all in very well planned out time spent awesome costumes. One of them said "Hey, it's hallowen" I replied 'I know, I am staying home and doing laundry".

TONIGHTS SOUP.

1. red kuri squahs. cubed. keep skin on (if not waxed. do people still sell waxed squash?)
2. one regular size onion or 2 itty bity ones
3. half a bulb or garlic or a generous squeeze from a tube of garlic paste (not in a jar!)
4. berbere seasoning (I know you can get it in bulk at the wedge and the seward co-ops)
5. half a head of cauliflower
6. better than bullion, vegetable base
7. water
8. can of coconut milk
9. peanut butter (about 6 ounces)
10. raw blanched peanuts
11. sriracha
12. parmesan cheese (12.B - plain yogurt, 12.C - nutritional yeast, 12.D - silken tofu)

A. good knife
B. masher
C. stirring spoon
D. pot with a snug lid
E. stove top (and oven if you want to roast the seeds)
F. sink
G. eatin bowl
H. eatin spoon

  • cut squash in half, clean out guts (I find that a grapefruit knife works perfectly), cube
  • place squash cubes in a pot with about 1 and a half inches of water
  • heat
  • add berbere seasoning stir, cover, wait about 15 minutes
  • mash squash with masher
  • add cut up cauliflower
  • mash
  • add cut up onions
  • add bullion paste stuff
  • cover and cook about 10 minutes
  • add can of coconut milk and garlic paste, stir stir stir
  • add peanut butter, stir stir stir stir stir stir
  • add raw peanuts, cover, turn off heat let sit over 10 minutes
  • add extra(s). cilantro, scallions, diakon radish sprouts, (un)salted roasted peanuts, shredded cabbage, shredded lettuce, whatever sounds good...

This is part of a drawing I made. It has the whole alphabet in cursive rows across the page. One letter at a time. It took way longer than I anticipated. The finished drawing has a hat, sweater, mittens and socks. So many tiny lines...

This is Elna. She is my new to me sewing machine. The flat base makes her quiet. This machine is cute. The spots to oil are marked with red paint. This machine is very smooth. I no longer worry about sewing after 10 pm. That is the sears machine behind her. I am always skeptical and so the sears stayed on the table for the first week, just in case. The sears has the "straight stretch" stitch. For that reason alone, I do not want to part with it. If you know of a cam that allows the elna to make that magic, let me know.

My crocheted jersey knit sheet rug. DONE, for now. It is about 5 feet 9 inches in diameter!

No comments: