---- x ----
By Hale C. Reid and Helen W. Crane
With Edwin H. Hill and Margaret Keyser Hill
©1965
----
Using Capital Letters For Names
How do names of people begin?
My name is anne
----
p.8
Writing Names of Pets
Names of pets begin with capital letters. Write the names of these pets.
You are white and fluffy. I shall name you Snowball.
kitten
Hello, Nibbles. Do you want a carrot?
mouse
Stop, Frisky! I want to play with you.
lame
Do you know a pet? Draw its picture. Write its name.
horse
Come, Happy. Here is something for you.
dog
----
Writing Answers to Questions
For the answer on "How old are you?", she wrote 12, but it looks like only erased the two before writing the thirteen. When I first started reading the answers in the book I thought the kid was like 7 or 8.
----
p.22
Fun With My Family
Write the word that tells what the people in the picture are doing.
(from left to right, top to bottom)
1.
2. sing
3. bird
4,
5. ball
6.
----
p.58
Listening For Rhyming Words
Belonging
What is a forest
Without a tree?
What is an airplane
Without a wing?
What is an arrow
Without a bow?
What is a sand beach
Without the sea?
What is a playground
Without a swing?
What is a winter
Without any snow?
What is a garden
Without a flower?
What is a kitchen
Withouta cook?
What is a clock
Without hour or minute?
What is a castle
Without a tower?
What is a library
Without a book?
What is a school house
Without children in it?Ilo Orleans
1. What word rhymes with tree?
forest
2. What word rhymes with flower?
garden
3. What word rhymes with wing?
airplane
4. What word rhymes with cook?
kitchen
5. What word rhymes with bow?
arrow
6. What two words rhyme with minute?
clock children
Wait wait wait. WTF are clock children?!!! I think it is like each hour has sixty clock children. I can say sentences like "The pizza will be here in about twenty clock children."
I wonder if clock children could shift to being clock kids, then clockids, then klokds... that is how words happen. (like the etymology of okay/ok)
I imagine they would be like Children of the Forest, The Flower Fairies and Mother Earth's Children... but living in an olden times mechanical setting. They would look kind of steam punk. I am thinking about the many gears in Hugo and how when I was little I thought there were many tiny people inside the stereo because my dad said there was and the jukebox on Shining Time Station confirmed that.
Clock children, what a great idea.
----
p.64
Words That Tell Who? What? When? Where? Why?
(from left to right)
jewelry store
sick Broke crayons
___________
----
Here is the back of the book.








No comments:
Post a Comment