I am contributing to a zine my friend, Sarah, is making about goals for 2014. Watch for it in about 400 days from now!
Some of my other goals for MMXIV are...
- learn to turn a heel (make socks!)
- make a quilt top (full size, for my bed)
- figure out how to make a rug that isn't lumpy (then make a few)
- re-do my small cookbook
- make a new tips and tricks zine each quarter
- set up (& keep stocked) an etsy store
- try to shine my sink every day
- document goals for goal zine
- make a second "I wonder what you're doing..." project & make zine of both projects
- make two more zines (moon zine issue one and flying zine)
- digitize all master copies of my zines that I have (back up)
- figure out how to efficiently make something I currently buy and start (mostly) only making my own* (lotion? bread? crackers? underwear? limitless possibilities...)
*I realize that making socks, rugs and quilts are also learning to make things I use instead of buying them, but these things will ultimately be much much more expensive than the ones I would buy at a store or yard sale (because my time is worth money!!!). BUT you can kind of think of it like the time spent working on said project would be kind of like working extra hours at work to buy a nicer custom made thing.
1 comment:
Yes! Great to see your goals too... I agree some of my goals don't need to be in the zine either. I really hope you make a quilt!
Post a Comment