Advent Calendar


A friend and I are making advent calendars for each other. I know that today is The first day, but we cannot meet up to exchange them until Thursday.

We both are the kind of people who love weird facts and interesting facts and factual facts. I looked up days in history and everyday has six things that have happened that day in history. I put fact lists along with trinkets, snacks and, found items in envelopes each stamped as 1/25 or whatever day it is.

I left my phone charger at my folks house, so I am not going to take pictures and document it yet. I will do that tomorrow when I get my spare charger from work.

For each day leading up to christmas I am going to document a moment or two and post the facts for the day.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DECEMBER 1


1878 - 1st White House telephone installed
1913 - 1st drive-up gasoline station opens (Pitts)
1955 - Rosa Parks arrested for refusing to move to the back of bus
1959 - 1st color photograph of Earth from outer space
1976 - Sex Pistols using profanity on TV, gets them branded as "rotten punks"
1997 - Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Davenport IA on KORB 93.5 FM



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Night Trains! I took my folks dog,  Moose, for a walk this evening. It was dark out and we went along the train tracks. Moosie is kind of an afraidy cat. He loves me and is happy with me, so I try to take him on walks that kind of push his idea of a calm safe time. Like walking on rocks instead of sidewalk or grass. Walking into/through shadows instead of walking around them. 



Tonight there was a nice long long slow train going by. We walked along it for awhile, then another train was coming along towards us. It was so nice to be out on the tracks. It is so dark out there and the beams from the headlights are really pretty. These pictures don't really do justice to it, but you kind of get the idea. 
Moose and I stood next to a cargo shipper that is just on the rocks/dirt, he poked around behind it while I watched the engine go by. (I just wanted you to know he was not scared or freaking out). 


Also tonight at my folks... my mother and I  played with my new slider projector I got at the Goodwill today (for $7.49!). We didn't have any slides, so we did hand puppets. This one had a great song that it sang in a funny voice (like "wamp wamp wamp wamp wamp wamp wamp"). I tried to take a video, but it didn't work out.



My dad went outside  and when he came back let us know that we were projecting onto the house next door through the curtain. HA! (nobody lives there right now, FYI)



The other week I got a new game. It is called "Option". It is not new, but new to me. It is kind of like scrabble but different. I cannot wait to play future games (ones where we actually keep score). 


No comments: