


For my sewing this evening I made two (well, one and a half, the bobbin ran out and I decided to call it quits on the sewing for the night) drawstring bags. They involve rick rack and french seams (NO RAW EDGES!)I made a loaf of soda bread. I searched and searched on the internet for a simple simple what I had on hand recipe (I did go to the corner store for baking soda...). Here is the recipe
preheat over to 400ยบ F
combine...
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Form a round loaf, place on a greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper instead...), cut slits on the top and bake for 40 minutes. I read on some sites to rotate the bread half way through, so I did that. The loaf is nice and smallish. Perfect since I don't eat a lot of bread. I think this may be my new bread for now. I think I am done with no knead molasses bread.
OH! I have the coolest new plant. It is a mistletoe cactus. I have had it for one week. It seems like it loves living with me. Here are some pictures...
This is a wacky looking plant. I like how it looks like a funny drawing of a plant that came to life.
Do you see all those bright green finger-things poking up?! Those were about 1/4 inch when I got the plant. The plant on the left is one that a friend was throwing away because it was dying. I saved its life.
No comments:
Post a Comment