mashed POTATO SALAD

To make this you need:

-salt
-pepper
-4 largish red potatoes
-prepared horseradish
-lemon juice
-plain yogurt
-cayenne
-paprika
-garlic powder/granules (if you have a garlic press, use that)


I got some free red potatoes at work today, and some free yogurt. Time to invent something as I make it!

I cut up and boiled 4 large red potatoes, in salter water.
When they were tender I drained them and ran them under cold water for a bit.
I returned the potatoes pieces to the pot and added some salt and pepper. I stirred them around.
I added some paprika, cayenne, and garlic and stirred them around again.
Then I added a few scoops of yogurt (how creamy do you want this to be? decide now), about 2 teaspoons of prepared (Bubbies) horseradish, and a dash of lemon juice. I stirred that around and then grabbed my masher and mashed that s up.

It has a kick (!), it is a pretty coral color and I'm sure if I mashed it up more, it would be a nice sandwich spread, or dip.

No comments: